New York Law Firm Business & Entertainment Litigation Attorney
If you engage in commerce, sooner or later you are almost certain to encounter a dispute with a client or contractor that you’ll need outside help to resolve. Daniel J. Aaron, P.C. has been assisting businesses for more than 25 years through civil and federal courts and in alternative dispute resolution. Attorney Aaron has the knowledge and experience to help your business in cases related to:
Recovery from breach of contract
When a party to a contract fails to perform, he damages the other business. This damage often goes beyond the immediate inconvenience of getting less than promised by the contract. The breach can also cost you future profits if you are unable to serve your clients as a result. Daniel J. Aaron, P.C. can help you achieve the best legal remedy for a breach of contract, such as:
- Compensatory damages – reimbursement for immediate monetary loss
- Consequential and incidental damages – compensation for additional foreseeable losses caused by the breach
- Attorney fees and costs – amounts available only if the contract expressly states they are recoverable
- Liquidated damages – amounts specified in the contract that are payable for particular breaches, such as late or substandard performance
- Specific performance – court order requiring the breaching party to fulfill the terms of the contract
- Punitive damages – penalty for a party’s objectionable behavior, meant to punish the breaching party and discourage other parties from acting in a similar manner
- Rescission – cancellation of the contract, with both sides excused from further performance and payments made under the contract returned
- Reformation – change in the terms of the contract when the court believes there was an honest misunderstanding by the parties about what was to be performed
Affordable alternatives to a civil suit
The cost of traditional litigation can easily exceed the amount of the contract. Fortunately there are various means of alternative dispute resolution (ADR), including mediation and arbitration, which are less costly and quicker than civil lawsuits, but can deliver the same remedies. Attorney Aaron has successfully represented clients in arbitration and mediation hearings, and has settled lawsuits prior to trial, saving clients expenses and getting their businesses back on track.
Attorney Daniel J. Aaron is focused on meeting the needs of large and small businesses in any entertainment law case, including those related to licensing, distribution, royalty accounting and infringment issues.
Daniel J. Aaron represents music labels, distributors and artists in a wide range of entertainment law and litigation matters. He has extensive experience and is passionately protective of clients’ rights.
Contact a dependable New York City law firm to get your business moving again
If your business has been damaged by someone else’s conduct or unjustly accused of doing so, you need to take action. Delaying the exercise of your rights or failing to defend those rights could mean losing them. Contact Daniel J. Aaron, P.C. online or call the firm at 212-684-4466 to schedule an appointment.